James Murphy, guest from episode 1, returns to the show for our second episode, in which we pay tribute to the true king of rock n roll, the recently departed but ever-present Chuck Berry, via the medium of a podcast commentary track for 1987 documentary and concert movie Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll!
Two music geeks are in hog heaven on this one, so relax and enjoy an outpouring of love for a singular talent. in particular, look out for:
- Me rhapsodising about Chuck on vinyl
- Logo nostalgia
- Kieth's dirty looks inducing hysteria in your humble hosts
- Digressions on Little Richard, Bruce Springsteen, and Jerry Lee Lewis
- Us not knowing guest artists
- The sheer oddness of the Julian Lennon apearence
- Our stated certianly that this move 'could only be made in 1980 (actual filming year 1987)
- Repeated rhaspodising about the film making
- Lapses into silence as we absorb the majesty of the music
And so much more. Enjoy, and thanks as ever for your support.
Why Robocop is the greatest movie ever made.
Pex Lives and City of the Dead podcasts can both be found here:
Wrong With Authority can be found here:
Murphy and Powers Listening Post can be found here:
Theme tune provided by The Disciples of Gonzo, from their track Superhero. Listen to more from them here:
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like to contribute financially to the monthly production costs, in exchange for early access to both this show and my written work, please see my Patreon here: