For this episode of Watching Robocop with Kit Power, I’m delighted to be joined by Kayleigh Edwards, blogger, author, and playwright. Kayleigh is a brilliant writer of fiction and nonfiction, and an epic cultural critic. Enjoy a free flowing conversation that takes in:
- Blatant Lost Boys baiting
- Being from the valleys
- “If in doubt, look for a feminist angle”
- Star Wars prequel digression and bad CGI
- The unfairness of King’s talent even off his tits
- Kay giving me nightmares about my fave film
- Moshpits and safety
- Walking Dead S2 and why people who hated it are wrong
- ME saying ‘Walking Dead fans are THE WORST’
- Reviews and spoilers
- King’s endings and movie adaptations
- No such thing as reading too many feminist blogs
- My supreme confidence that Trump is going to lose and how
- Why and how Brexit happened
- Is Robocop body horror?
- Maximum bad guy face
And SO much more. :)
Why Robocop is the greatest movie ever made.
Kayliegh’s work can be found on Gingernuts of Horror here.
Theme tune provided by The Disciples of Gonzo, from their track Superhero. Listen to more from them here:
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like to contribute financially to the monthly production costs, in exchange for early access to both this show and my written work, please see my Patreon here: