Episode 14 of the show is a stone cold classic, featuring author, podcaster, youtuber, critic, fellow Gingernutter and friend George Daniel Lea. Together, we sit and watch the greatest movie ever made, and the conversation roams far and wide, including such delights as:
- ED-209 love and the Harryhausen connection
- The brutality of 80’s action movie violence
- ‘Big doesn’t mean unintelligent’
- The problem with Marvel and superficially flawed heros
- The Deus Ex connection
- Twin Peaks and Deadwood
- Great movie and TV villains
- The intimacy of Clarence’s death
And so, so much more. Enjoy, and as ever, thanks so much for listening.
Why Robocop is the greatest movie ever made.
Georges superb blog, Strange Playgrounds, can be found here.
Theme tune provided by The Disciples of Gonzo, from their track Superhero. Listen to more from them here:
If you'd like more BONUS episodes, once my Patreon reaches $20 a month, I will continue recording extra episodes on a bi-monthly basis, where I watch something other than RoboCop. Backers get early access to both this show and my written work (including the uncorrected proof of my new short story collection). For more details, check out my Patreon here: