Welcome to my new bi-monthly show! Running alongside Watching Robocop, this show will invite creative types - authors, bloggers, podcasters, film makers, and more - to talk about Stephen King's IT, and the two cinematic adaptations of the book.
And for the debut episode, I am delighted to welcome back to the show George Lea. George is a superb horror author, blogger, cultural critic and thinker, and has previously guested on the show to watch both Robocop and Hellbound: Hellraiser II. In a free-flowing, conversational show, highlights include;
- Is IT the real monster? Or would that be Derry?
- Why large sections of the book are unfilmable
- Issues with 2017's movie portrayal of Bev (even though the movie was good)
- The awful humanity of King's human monsters
- Nihilism and the nature of God
- George's favourite Loser
Soundtrack courtesy of Capo Jr. (my old band).
This podcast only exists thanks to the generosity of my Patroen backers. If you want to hear the next one (at least) 7 days ahead of release, as well as gain early access to my work on a weekly basis for as little as $1 a month, please head over to www.patreon.com/kitpower