This time out we're joined by horror author, editor and podcaster (and, it turns out, fellow Robocop superfan) Amber Fallon! Amber knows storytelling, and brings brilliant insight, as well as some laughs. In a jam packed episode, listen out for:
- Amber’s horror movie roots
- Worldbuilding through advertising
- The only movie to shock and disgust Amber
- Ray Wise and The Devil
- The many genres of Robocop
- Why Arnie would have made for a bad Robocop
- I don’t kick cats
- McDonalds and the Great Filter
- The eternal mystery of bad, yet well sculpted facial hair
- Does Robocop even breathe? And could he get a contact high from cocaine?
- Dinosaur attack cards
- Chekhov's middle finger
- “When all else fails - hostages!”
And much, much more. Enjoy, and thanks as ever for listening.
Amber's website can be found here - go there and read ALL THE THINGS!
Theme tune provided by The Disciples of Gonzo, from their track Superhero. Listen to more from them here:
If you'd like more podcast episodes, once my Patreon reaches $20 a month, Robocop will be restored to a monthly schedule, with bi-monthly bonus episodes where I talk about Stephen King's IT. Backers at as little as $1 a month get weekly early access to both this show and my written work. For more details, check out my Patreon here: